Photobucket

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fights

Is fighting with a boyfriend really different then fighting with your husband?

As my husband and I were disagreeing last night I got to pondering this question. Is the fighting between him and I different now then it was when we were just dating? In some ways yes and in some ways no.

When you disagree with your boyfriend you can walk out and cool down.

Now if your married it's a bit different (esp. if you PCS to a new state and dont know anyone or anything around you). I get so fustrated to where I would love to call up a friend and be like " I need a drink, let's meet up." And I can go out for a bit and cool off. However, Im live with my husband in a state that I dont know very well and don't knwo anyone in! So when I need to cool off what do I do? I walk my dog around our Apt complex. Woo Hoo.

Now I believe in picking my fights. Dont think by me writing on the subject that Chris and I fight 24/7. We don't. I normally let the little things slide and dont even bother making a fuss about it. But lately, I dont know why, But its becoming harder and harder to let little things pass by. The beer bottles left next to the couch, the dinner dishes never being done unless I do them, the army gear in every corner and thrown over every chair and couch and all over Our closet floor, his clothes left on the bedroom/bathroom floor when the laundry basket is two feet away. The little things. It builds up and I get mad. Then he doesn't understand why I'm upset.

Now maybe it's just different to me because we are newly married (12.12.09) and right after the wedding I packed up my things and moved 30 hours away from everything I have ever known. Maybe I'm just stressed at having no one I can really talk to and trust. Maybe i'm still getting used to living with someone else. Maybe i'm still getting used to an army wife life and don't really know how to handle things just yet.

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers