Photobucket

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Raven Rock

So I was 14 and he was 16. We actually met through a church I was attending confirmation classes at! I bet no one thought him and I would come this far! I was actually one of the students and he was an instructor in training.

We were on one trip, “Raven Rock,” and this is where our relationship really started. I was that giddy shy little 14 year old who’s only “boyfriend” was in sixth grade and we only passed notes. So having a guy interested in me, an older one at that, was new to me.

The one thing that really got us started and we still joke about today is Smarties, you know the little sweet round candies. I remember having homework that I needed to get done. So instead of going on our free time I stayed behind in the discussion hall to work on it. Well next thing I know im having Smarties thrown down my shirt by him!

That night we sat next to each other around the fire while he played the guitar. I was cold and he gave me his shirt to keep me warm. Actually I still have that somewhere I’m sure! The rest of the night went by quickly. There were some steps in the woods leading up to the cabins and we sat there. Not much talking because like I said I was extremely shy. Then it was time to be in the cabins and the rest of the trip flew by.

And Well almost eight years later here we are =]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers